Southern 100 2019
The Southern 100 Road Races is well known as the friendly races. The first meeting was held in 1955 and many British and World Champions have tackled the 4.25 mile Billown course.
In over sixty years, riders of the calibre of Phil Read, Bob McIntyre, Ron Langston, John Hartle, Selwyn Griffiths, Con Law, Brian Reid, Kenny Harrison, Joey Dunlop, Dave Leach, Phillip McCallen, Jason Griffiths, Bob Jackson, Robert Dunlop, Ian Lougher, Guy Martin, Cameron Donald, Ryan Farquhar, have all taken on the circuit.
Sidecars were first introduced in 1962 and from the early days the ‘cream of the charioteers’ have provided unique thrilling action. TT winners and World Champions have won from Charlie Freeman to the current Sidecar Champions, Conrad Harrison and Jason Crowe. Previous Champions Nick Crowe and Darren Hope still hold the lap record of 99.778 m.p.h set in 2007.
The race schedule* for 2019 is as follows:
- Monday 8th July 2019 6.00 pm - 9.40 pm
- Tuesday 9th July 2019 6.00 pm - 7.15 pm
- Tuesday 9th July 2019 7.45 pm - 9.40 pm
- Wednesday 10th July 2019 6.00 pm - 9.40 pm
- Thursday 11th July 2019 (Championship race day) 9.30 am – 12.15pm & 1.00pm – 5.30pm
Please note that this schedule is subject to change by the organisers, for example due to inclement weather.
Thursday features the prestigious Solo and Sidecar Championship Races, as well as races for the smaller capacity machines. Previous winners have included Guy Martin and Michael Dunlop.
Further details can be found by clicking here
- Return travel by sea
- Accommodation of your choice
We recommend purchasing the Go Explore Heritage Card during the booking process. The card offers unlimited travel on scheduled services of all Isle of Man Transport Railways (Steam Railway, Manx Electric Railway, Snaefell Mountain Railway and Horse Trams) and Bus Vannin Services, plus admission to all Manx National Heritage attractions. The travel cards can be added during the booking process.
Important Information - you must read this before booking
The lead-in price quoted for this offer is based on two adults and a motorcycle, sailing from Heysham on 9th July 2018 and staying at Knockaloe Beg Farm for 3 nights. The price was correct as at 15th March 2018.
This package is operated by Manx Ferries. When making a booking you are accepting our Terms & Conditions of business.
There are additional special terms which apply to this package. By making a booking, you agree that you accept all of these terms:
- Full payment for your travel arrangements is required at the time of booking. Once booked, the travel costs are entirely non-refundable.
- If you need to make any changes to your travel arrangements, please contact us and we will do our best to assist. However in many cases changes may not be permitted, and any changes which can be made are likely to incur extra costs.
- The cost of this break does not include travel insurance, however comprehensive travel insurance is essential. If you need to arrange travel insurance please contact us.
- If you intend to travel with sporting equipment of any kind, please call us on 01624 654 081 before making a booking, so that we can check with the relevant carrier whether space is available and whether any additional costs would apply.
- Can''t find what you're looking for? If you wish to travel from a port not featured under this offer, or are travelling with children, please call us on 01624 654 081.